ADR Adventuring!

At the beginning of the year, I did ADR on an episode of Medium. Basically, ADR is voiceover work in which you voice the background actors or off-stage (unrecognizable) voices. You may remember the LA Times ads which aired before movies where they described "Walla", and this is it. As a kid, I remember thinking how that "work" seemed cool and was a side of the business I had never known existed (which is part of the point--it really helps make the scenes more seamless). When I had the chance to do it this year, I really had a wonderful time! Since then, I've recently been working on ways to do more of it...

To that end, on Thursday, I observed a session for Private Practice. The people were great (many of the same I met when I did the Medium episode) and the work is really fun!! It's interesting seeing this "other side" and understanding how it fits into shows we love to watch. I'll keep you posted as I get the opportunity to do more ADR...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment!