Let's Make It Happen!

As an artist--and frankly, as a human being--it's easy to get "stuck". We all do it. Whether it manifests through negative self-talk or laziness, our doubts manage to creep up and make action impossible. Sometimes taking the first step toward a project (and toward our dreams) seems like too much. Recognizing this is probably the first step. And I don't know that silencing these demons is possible. But confronting them and moving ahead is possible. It's okay to have fears, but it's not okay to let those fears control you. Of course, it's all easier said than done.

Yesterday I got sent a link to Ze Frank's latest video, "An Invocation for Beginnings." It's an inspiring video about exactly that: moving forward. It's about jumping in, feet first (as an acting teacher of mine used to put it.)

You really should check this video out. It's pretty awesome.Here are two of my favorite excerpts:
Let me think about the people I care about the most. And how when they fail, or disappoint me, I still love them. I still give them chances. And I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself.

Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole, and no one invites him to their pool parties.
Check out the full video:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment!